Friday, May 1, 2015

HOC May Challenge





Can you believe it's already May?
Well it is and that means we have a new challenge at

This month we want to see you use the Bokeh Effect.

 

Here's what I came up with.



I've never used this technique before and it took me
about 3 tries before I was happy with the end result.
I inked up the background watercolor paper with 3 colors
of ink and then added the circles on top using a template I made with
different sizes if circle dies and acetate. The white circles were added randomly
with an ink dabber. My image from Beary Wishes was colored with
Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut. I layered a doily
on a die cut circle and added the image and die cut sentiment label.

I hope you give the Bokeh Effect a try if you haven't
 before and show us what you come up with.
You can check out the rest of the DT's
creations all through the month.

I'm linking up to:
Creative Corner - For Mom

Thanks for taking a look!

13 comments:

  1. Hi JudyV. Lovey card and I like your stamp and your coloring of it much. Nice:)
    Fun to see what you other girls have made.

    Ma (✿*‿*) HOC DT
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Judy, your background is stunning (ours look very similar) and like your design, you coloring is fabulous. Donna HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you did an amazing job for your first attempt at this technique--you go, girl! Love the colors you've used!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bokeh looks absolutely beautiful! You did a really nice job capturing the effect!
    Take care!
    Michele
    HOC DT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Dear Judy
    I adore this
    I love the way you coloring the flower on the vase
    love the bokeh you did
    you made sooo soft and perfect
    GREAT DT CARD Judy
    See you soon on my post, teamie
    hugs,
    Monika
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty, Judy!!! LOVE the beautiful layout and that fabulous bouquet image! Gorgeous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Judy. Love this gorgeous flower bouquet and the luminous colors you used - your beautiful bokeh fits perfectly with!
    Rosi x - HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy! Beautiful Mother's Day card! I just might have to CASE it for my Mom. Love the doily! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some mom is gonna be really happy to receive this beautiful bokeh bouquet card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bokeh effect in your background. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us.
    Gr Veerle DT - CreativeCornerChallenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! :) Big Hugs-Katy HOC Teammate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Judy, your card is beautiful and love those vivid colors you used. Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those flowers are gorgeous and your bokeh background is stunning! Hugs, Cornelia (HOC teamie)

    ReplyDelete